Monday, November 3, 2014

Organizing sheet shears

Q: Whats wrong with the sheet shears and how could I improve it?

A: Its's a complete mess and I have to make a place holder for it just like the air hammer has a spot.


Q: What will you do with this, whats your first step?

A: Draw the object and find the measurements of the whole design

Q: whats next how will you continue?

A: I started by doing the prototype of my project. I got some thick paper and I treased the sheet shears and made it exactly the same so it could actually fit.

Q: how are you putting it together?

A: I started by cutting the sheet shears and making it like shown above. Next I cut 4 sides and another base so I can tape them all together.

Q: what did you use and how did it work?

A: I used duck tape to tape the 4 sides to the top and bottom bases of the project. I put them all together and made a spot to grab the tool. 

Q: how would you improve it?
A: Well I wanted to make a better way to grab the tool so I asked my teacher for some advice. He said half pipe or make the sides a little shorter. I am going with the half pipe and see where it does. 

Q: how are you gunna make a half pipe?
A: basically I made them like this only two . With support to hot glue it to the model and make it stick and not move. Just like support for a bridge

Q:what are you going to do with these?
A: I marked the spots where i am going to place the two supports, and then I will hot glue it and make it strong.

Q: What happen after you glued it?
A: after I glued it, it turned out pretty good so i just placed the metal shears on top of the supports and bamm! Looks good and you could grab it now much easier. Now its time to build the real thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment